Senior MEMS Process Integration and Yield Engineer
The Senior MEMS Process Integration and Yield Engineer will be an integral part of the Operations Team. This individual will lead yield and MEMS process integration efforts toward sustaining and developing new and cost effective MEMS fabrication processes and products at target yields. The primary focus of the activities includes process definition, unit process creation, implementation of proprietary MEMS processes and process/product characterization. The product and MEMS processes shall be high volume manufacturing qualified at target yields and cost structure.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- MEMS product chute yield
- Cross functional team participation and leadership
- Working with MEMS Foundries to support existing processes and transition new processes to production
- Define and support a MEMS process flow and establish manufacturing parameters
- Develop and evaluate manufacturability of new unit processes used in the manufacture and integration of MEMS devices such as deposition, DRIE, wafer bonding and release of MEMS elements
- Testing and characterization of MEMs devices
- Provide concise, timely reports and program updates to executive team
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent understanding of MEMS product yield analysis and problem solving techniques
- Excellent MEMS process knowledge from a chute yield perspective
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a production wafer fabrication facility
- A solid understanding of mechanical properties of MEMS structures and an electrical understanding of Semiconductor Device Physics
- Excellent understanding of unit process performance, equipment and capabilities within a MEMS/Semiconductor wafer fab
- Ability to manage MEMs foundries for process performance, quality and delivery.
- Excellent experience in DRIE, Wafer bonding or Photolithography.
- Demonstrated knowledge in statistical analysis tools such as MiniTab, JMP or equivalent
- Demonstrated expertise in Design of Experiments and Components of Variation analysis.
Experience with product development processes and transitioning products from development into sustained production
- - Phased gate process
- - Experience with reliability and qualification testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized and driven by results
- Candidate should be self-motivated and an excellent team player
MEMS Drive offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. The position will be based in our Pasadena, CA office, and will involve occasional domestic and international travel.
To apply for this position, attach your resume to an email, include the job title in the Subject line and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org